- This league is designed to teach the kids the great game of golf in a very safe, Christian, non-competitive, cost effective environment. The rankings and standings are secondary to that.
- Match Scheduling/Program Information
- Almost 600 kids participate in this great program.
- We do not/cannot schedule around other sports or activities (CYC or not), vacations, spring breaks, etc.
- With a program so large we are challenged with three main things: clinic/golf pro capacity, course availability/capacity and volunteerism. We just do not have the capability to deal with 600 individual schedules/conflicts.
- Substitution Policy
- It is expected that all golfers play with their designated teams at the scheduled times list on the website.
- If you cannot make a scheduled time you may play at a different time with a team of the same gender. Your make-up round MUST be played at the same course and on the same holes you missed.
- You do not need to prearrange a sub round. We do a good job of finding a home for the kids that show up.
- Also substitutions can only happen during times when matches are scheduled. You cannot play at any other time and expect your scores to be used in the rankings described below.
- Scoring Rules and Policy
- After the completion of a round it is up to the designated parent leader FOR EACH TEAM at the course to gather all the score cards and translate these scores to a scoring sheet located in the clubhouse.
- If you are playing a sub round it is up to the individual kid/parent to make sure that score card is translated onto a scoring sheet as well. There is a section on the scoring sheet to add these sub rounds. These can be added to any sheet at the end of the round.
- If a score card does not get translated to a scoring sheet it will not be counted in the scoring system.
- When we calculate an individual’s score we will take the top 5 out of 6 scores to determine a kids score and ranking.
- Additionally included in the 5 best scores above, a child is allowed to have one “sub round” count in that scoring calculation. If a child has more than one sub round we will use the best score of all his/her sub rounds to be used in the calculation.
- If a child does not have 5 rounds played we will fill in the rest of the scoring sheet with a max score of 63 for the unplayed rounds.
- The team scoring will be determined by taking the 5 best individual scores PER WEEK to come up with a weekly team score. All 6 weeks of team scores will be averaged to come with a total team score. Individual Sub Rounds DO NOT COUNT toward team scores.